The Best Part of Breaking Up

The Best Part of Breaking Up

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

Friday, 30 September 2011

Freedom Friday

Today is my last day of freedom. For the next ten weeks, I will be working full time, attending university full time, publishing my first short story 'The Real Deal' and getting on with all the other facets of my life. Good things come in threes. I don't know about that. It's Murphy's Law, that when you need some peace and quiet, your life takes off, and you just have to hang on for dear life.

This is Jake. Well it's Jake in my head and he is my hero in 'The Real Deal' which will be published by Breathless Press on November 25th as part of their Hot Shots Anthology. I am nervous and apprehensive. I may be a drama queen but I do like working in the shadows, being the woman behind the power, because when I have the power I tend to be a dictator lol!

Getting back to Jake. He walked into my head perfectly formed, prowling for his pretty lady. A very impatient man, he insisted I write his story in five days. Ten thousand words in five days. I have never written anything so quickly. Nor, have I written anything entirely from the hero's pov but there you go he was so vivid in my head that he made sure it was his voice I put down on paper.

Secretly, I love it and him. I worry that I will never have such a connection with one of my characters again. It came so easily to me that it was too good to be true! 

That's the joy of writing though. Somedays it's perfect and other days you hate absolutely everything you've done. Having a great critique group is essential. I'm 'involved' with an incredible group of women. They have been on their own paths to publication this year and I will be blogging more about them and their releases as the months go on.

Without them, I probably wouldn't be this far along on my own path to writing success. I still have a long way to go and very little time to dedicate to it after today.

I will be doing this.

And this.

Wanting some of this.

And dreaming of this.

That's Prince Vichi featuring in my newest story and a favourite (with some debate) amongst some of my crit partners.

If I have only learnt one thing this year from those ladies it's that naked pictures of handsome men can fuel your entire day.  Yummy!

Until next Friday.

xo
Alannah

4 comments:

  1. oh I'm fuelled lol..... and Ann? you are welcome, cos you put in every bit as much to ucw as any of us... Lets face it We rock lol
    PS anymore like him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alannah, how I do love your prince! Looking forward to reading your blog on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Prince. Picture are certainly inspirational. ;)

    ReplyDelete