The Best Part of Breaking Up

The Best Part of Breaking Up

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Resolutions, Rewrites and Rewards

January 4th - Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well. In that vein then my procrastinating over chapter six of princey is justified. The fact that chapter seven, eight and nine are written should have no bearing on my battle with chapter six.  I know who should be in it, where it should be set and in general what should take place but give me patience it doesn't want to turn out that way.  So instead of starting the New Year with a renewed vigour and can do attitude I find myself hitting that dreadful thing called a 'wall'. That won't do at all.  

The next thing to flumoux me is that delightful spark of inspiration called a 'new idea'. As I get a lot of my ideas from the media, Christmas television has naturally been a rich source of inspiration. I found myself , randomly, pressing record on the Sky Plus box in the middle of films, adverts and dramas just because of a turn of phrase, a setting or an object that I found interesting. 

Of course there is rich fodder to be found in the real world as well - a surprising source for this I found in my future brother in law over the holidays - unfortunately I didn't have my inspiration notebook to hand every time he came up with a gem.  Wonder if my sister would mind if I just boxed him up and studied and recorded him for a bit??? Perhaps not. Note to self don't leave inspiration notebook lying under a stack of books, documents and electronic leads that seem to serve no purpose other than to drive me a little mad. 

I'll probably pass a silly hour google imaging words such as 'sensual' - that's always fun to do. LOL. 
You never know what you find....



What have you found to inspire you? xo

No comments:

Post a Comment