The Best Part of Breaking Up

The Best Part of Breaking Up

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

Sunday, 15 September 2013

#Sexy Snippets

My birthday is this week and as always with milestones I like to use them to give myself a deadline.  So this week I hope to submit my first 50k wip to a publisher.  With that in mind I've been completing third edits on it this week.  Pretty brain draining work. Each time I put red pen to paper I find something new to change.  At this stage there are whole sections I would like to alter but I am resisting.  
The working title is 'The Best Part of Breaking Up'.  In short it is a story about a female vet who must negotiate the very male world of a cattle muster in the Northern Territory of Australia while resisting the gruff charms of the grazier. With all good romances the H&H must get some alone time so in this story I strand them in the desert with a only a two man tent for company :).  What's a little tent when you've a hunky farmer to share it with....


"Come here," he ordered gently and his eyes glimmered with heat as Jenna stepped closer to him, the sleeping bag grazing her feet. Rafe took a handful of her hair and drew it over her shoulder. He bent his head to rain a line of kisses along her collar bone. He bit the soft flesh in the hollow of her throat and ran the tip of his tongue along the curve of her neck. His mouth found hers like a heat seeking missile and Rafe cradled the back of her head with his hand as she moaned with pleasure as their tongues collided.
They fell against one another as they dropped onto the sleeping bag. Rafe rolled Jenna beneath him settling a hard thigh between her open legs. He felt her fingers tease open the top button of his jeans but her touch was too timid.


Now to gain some courage, stop changing everything and submit it for consideration.  


Check out the other sexy snippets from authors of the Nuthouse and their friends by clicking the image above.

4 comments:

  1. Yey! You finished it. SUBMIT! NOW! lol Good luck with it, Alannah :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So romantic. I love the interaction. Submit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you finished it at last. Submit or perish. lol. Best wishes. I look forward to reading all of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I little Rafe and tumble in the sleeping bag. Love this. All the best. xx

    ReplyDelete