The Best Part of Breaking Up

The Best Part of Breaking Up

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

Sunday, 16 March 2014

#SexySnippets Forgetting to Remember You

My seven sexy snippets come from another free read today that I am planning on turning into a project for Camp NaNoWriMo next month.  Camp NaNo is an idyllic retreat away from November's NaNoWriMo where writers sent up tent or hang out in a forest cabin to write their tales during April with flexible word goals from 10k to 99999k. Beginning on April's Fool's Day (and that's no joke). www.campnanowrimo.org

My story tells the tale of Sheikh Rahim Sayf bin Hasnawi and the archaeologist he has hired to over see the excavation of the most significant ancient site in his kingdom.  There are lots of wild desert moon filled nights, silk tents, bandits and the odd Persian carpet.  I might throw in a Genie for luck.  :)

"...There are gangs that roam the sands looking for women. A white woman would be a great trophy." Rahim's lips hovered over her own. 
"Would you like them to own you?" he muttered breathing in her flowery scent. 
"Would you like them to take you?" He pressed his growing erection against the flat planes of her stomach. 
"Would you have them sell you to the highest bidder?"
"You would protect me."  Her words were self assured and confident.
"Habibi, you need protecting from me most of all."

I'm PinInteresting with glee at the moment and have been influenced by Game of Thrones that I've just started watching.  Though my hero got threatened by another yesterday while watching the Ireland/France Rugby.  Such difficult decisions to be made, writing is so hard.....






Who to choose?

You can read the full opening scene to this story by clicking on the Free Read tab above and scrolling down to 'This is How it Starts'  

It's been a good week in the writing cave I'm polishing up my WIP and submitting it so a busy couple of weeks ahead. 

Do check out the other snippets from the participating authors by clicking the image below. 




4 comments:

  1. I watched the rugby too. It has to be the referee. He's all kinds of sexy.

    Yay for sheikh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice snippet. I enjoyed this. Yes, the rugby was stunning all day long.
    Good luck with Camp NaNo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this! Especially when I picture Jason Momoa *sigh*

    ReplyDelete