The Best Part of Breaking Up

The Best Part of Breaking Up

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

Sunday, 26 July 2015

The Joy of Learning New Things

It has been quite a while since I have posted for sexy snippets. Life has been interrupting and it's a busy life (like everyone on this earth).  There was work, holidays, family and friends, then there was writer's block and all my creativity sucked into performing on stage. If I love writing I love threading the boards equally. I often find if I'm doing one I can't do the other. It's as if my creativity can only be channeled through one medium at a time. I'm in awe of those geniuses that can multi task their creativity.   This week however I'm doing both Yeehaw!!

I had the privilege of attending a writing course with the one and definitely only Sharon Kenderick in Italy in May.  Trip of a life time and probably will never be topped.  It was a masterclass from a master coupled with the fact that another fabulous author Susan  Stephens was also present.  I adored the week I spent in Tuscany with these fine ladies.  Then life interrupted again and nearly three months later I find I am able to write again.  If I learned only one useful thing on the writing course it was this ..... 'Write the chapter from the POV of the person who has the most to loose.' 

So my sexy snippets comes from the sheikh story 'Forgetting to Remember You'  on this blog you will find the first writing I did about this story called 'This is How it Starts' in the Free Reads section.  It has turned on its head now.  I had started it in the hero's POV but he doesn't have anything to loose here so I 've changed it to the heroine's POV because she has everything to loose. The best advice I've ever received. Today I wrote 3k words of chapter one.  I'm a write by the seat of the pants kind of lady but I cannot disparage wisdom and proper advice.   This is my sexy snippet from HER point of view.   xx


"It is no country for women. It is wild, barren and dark. There are gangs that roam the sands looking for women." the sheikh's lips hovered over her own, "A white woman would be a great trophy. Would you like them to own you?" he asked nostrils flaring, "Would you like them to take you?" he pressed his body against the soft curves of hers. "Would you have them sell you to the highest bidder?"
"You would protect me."  Her words in her ears sounded more self assured and confident than she felt.
"Habibi, you need protecting from me most of all."  His eyes glittered like Venus rising over the desert horizon on a pitch black night. His mouth was full and plump like a ripe juicy fig.  Her body thrummed with a neeed for him to kiss her. Her mind wanted to shove hard against him. 

1 comment:

  1. She indeed has a lot to lose here. Great snippet :-)

    ReplyDelete